Wednesday, April 1, 2009

tea with amber alexander




i don't remember how i first discovered her work..
through my many blissful hours of roaming 
through the pages and pages
of talent on etsy..i'm sure.



but i do remember being happy that i had a hot pot of tea next to me
as i found myself journeying along with amber alexander
and her beautiful little creatures



on their travels and adventures. 



..some mischievous 




some innocent..
and all very playful.




they remind me of a more painterly and rich version
(just look at those colors and brushstrokes..gorgeous)
of the work of beatrix potter,
whose imaginative work i loved as a child (and still do).

amber leads me back to that imaginary place
that i never want to forget 
no matter how old i get.



now go put on a pot of tea, grab lots of honey and please join byron and me
for a little journey this afternoon.
xo


*oh and thank you to isabelle who just reminded me of amber's great blog..
check it out too.


8 comments:

  1. great paintings! Cool surrealist style.
    Please let me know what you think of my artwork...
    http://www.untumsmunudmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to her shop and her blog,
    her paintings are amazing ...
    thanks for sharing this great discovery !

    ReplyDelete
  3. incredible work! her expressions are so very dear! thanks for the intro!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing Amber's work, I love it! Now I want to watch Miss Potter AGAIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. in some ways it reminds me of cooper edens - great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is one of my all time favorites on Etsy!!!!
    Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her work! The one with the bear having tea - I'm absolutely nuts about bears!

    And I'm absolutely in love with your blog!

    And I use a lot of exclamation points:)

    ReplyDelete